It’s not stealing, just borrowing the best AdWords ideas
A guide to improving your Search Ad performance using competitive intelligence
Chances are, optimizing your ad messaging will greatly improve your Click Through Rate (CTR).
When you’ve run out of messaging ideas to test, how can you improve the success of your ads? Have you thought about your competition? You can analyze your competitors’ AdWords and use their best performing ideas to improve your ads. Finding your competitors’ highest quality AdWords is easy when you have software that displays and rates all of them in real time. Use Kompyte to discover some of your competition’s best ideas to start testing in your AdWord copywriting today.
Track the Ads Running for each Keyword
Add the keywords you’re focusing on into the platform to quickly discover all the Google ads your competitors are running or A/B testing. Kompyte will display your competitors’ AdWords campaigns and show you their Ad Score, which indicates the competition’s most successful ads. The Ad Score is based on how long the ad has been running, as well as, how many other ads it has beat in A/B tests. The higher the Ad Score, the better the ad performs for your competition.
Collect Copywriting Ideas
Look through your competitors’ ads for new ideas; everything from messaging to the call to action can be enhanced. We know you wouldn’t continue running an ad if it isn’t working, check out their longest run ads to get an idea of which ads are performing best for them.
Tips to improve your AdWords copywriting include:
- Use Numbers: Numbers let people know exactly what they are getting and help them make decision; include price to reduce clicks from people that are not a good fit for your business.
- Include Special Characters: Symbols are eye catching and work to attract attention away from the endless stream of text.
- Include a Call to Action: Encourage action by telling people what you want them to do; whether it’s place an order or sign up for a free demo.
- Add a Benefit: Let people know what you offer, and why it makes you unique.
- Match Ads to Landing PagesIf your ad tells people to “click here for a free demo” take them directly to the form.
Testing: the most important factor when developing a winning AdWords
Remember, just because something works well for your competition, it may not work well for you. A/B test all the ideas you get from Kompyte; test everything from the call to action to the specific messaging. Extensive testing is the only way to figure out what will be successful for your business.
Calculating your ROI
After 20 AdWords experiments, compare your new CTR with your previous CTR. Calculate the impact of the new AdWords traffic on your bottom line.
Product Marketing Director
Want more Creative Competitive Intelligence Ideas?
Subscribe & receive new tips straight to your inbox!
Trusted by Fortune 500 and leading companies in more than 20 industries.
Start Tracking Your Competitors Now
Try Kompyte for free and see exactly what the “other guys” are doing.